Wednesday 23 April 2014

Challenge Updates

Yay for Challenges!! Do you enter Challenges??  Why not try a few, there are usually lots to choose from covering all sorts of materials, techniques, products,etc. Challenges are a brilliant way to focus your crafting, there are lots of Challenge Blogs out there and not all require you to have a Blog, some like Visible Image allow you to upload to their facebook group, which is a lovely way to include those stampers that don't blog.

I recently started to enter Challenges again and I was so thrilled to see that my card was picked as a Fav in the March Challenge over at Visible Image  http://visibleimage.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/march-challenge-winners-visible-image.html

You may remember this card started out as a bit of a crafty playtime experiment, with no particular method or idea of where I wanted to end up.  So it means a lot to me that it was picked as a top 3 by the fab DT at VI.

April's challenge is a 'Tag' theme, and I was hoping to create something for that, but I had a little Operation last Monday which meant I had to rest up for a few days.  But I'm back designing and making again and so i think I'll have to wait to see what next months theme is and give it a go.



Over on the Trimcraft website, they have a Forum where they run regular Challenges too, these are a great way for people of all abilities to take part and get some feedback on their designs.  I entered my very first one of the Forum Challenges that was a 'Water Theme' with this card, which was chosen as one of the winners. ( I received some lovely craft items as a prize) I love this card too because of all the die cutting I got to play with and also the stamping and colouring, so nice to be able to combine the two in a fun playful card.




Another Challenge for March, was over at the 'Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog' and was a Birdie theme with a cricut cut. http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/wednesday-winners-203-bye-bye-birdie.html

I entered my little Ducky get well soon card and managed a Top 5 with that one, so I gained a 'blinkie' for my Blog.   Sometimes there are prizes to win, and sometimes you are awarded little badges or blinkies to display on your blog or website, but i think most people (myself included) just enter for the fun and satisfaction of 'rising to the Challenge'. 

These challenges are fun and a good way to play to a theme and keep your Mojo mojo-ing or whatever a mojo does :D  So why not try a few Challenges yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment