Tuesday 17 June 2014

Time for Tea??

So are you a tea person? or are you like me and only drink coffee? Here is another DT sample for this week's Papermill Special Offer 'Ivory Felt' 300gsm card.  (from just £5 for a small box approx 75-80 sheets).  You''ll find all the current 'special offers' in this section, link HERE.  New Offers usually start on a Thursday and previous offers may still be available so do check regularly. (as always the materials list and challenges entered are at the bottom)


Last time I showed that this card played so nicely with stamping, inking and distressing, this time I wanted to show it in a 'cleaner' style.

I created this little rocking teapot (or coffee pot) style card using my cricut mini to cut the teapot shape.  The card is 300gsm and cuts perfectly, handling all those intricate little cutouts with ease.  I do love the 'Folk Art' style and had fun layering different coloured card behind the cut-outs.  I was a bit more adventurous this time though and embossed the cards first with different cuttlebug embossing folders. I lightly sponged blue 'chalk' around the edges to add a little more definition.

  I die-cut a circle of the Ivory felt card and a smaller circle of patterned paper and folded both in half, carefully attaching one on top of the other.  I wanted my teapot to look like it was standing on a pretty tablecloth and added some doileys.  I thought it would be fun for the card to 'rock' a little and add to the idea of  'tip me up and pour me out'.  I was toying with the idea of adding this as a sentiment, but it seems to look okay 'as is'. The rocking base is made simply with acetate, I love using acetate in my papercrafting.


Materials Used:
Ivory Felt Embossed 'offer' Card - Papermill Direct
Sky Blue, Spring Green & New Lilac - Papermill Direct
Paper from NitWit Collections
Doilies, Chalk & acetate from my craft stash
Teapot Shape is cut with my Cricut Mini

Cuttlebug embossing folders used to emboss the coloured card 

Why not pop over and see what my papermill teamies have got up to this week too?:

Barbara
http://glitterarti1.blogspot.co.uk/

1 comment: