Friday 17 October 2014

Christmas Gift Box Ideas using Papermill card

Hello and welcome to my little Blog.  The Theme for the +papermilldirect  Design Team this week is Christmas Gift Ideas, so we have all been busy creating boxes and tags and other festive items from across the range of papermill card.  There is also a special offer running on a 280gsm 'Smooth White Card' this week which is available in Midi and Mega box sizes starting at just £20 so it's the perfect time for stocking up. (or perhaps drop hints to get some in your Christmas stocking this year).

So what craftiness did I get up to this week? Well I thought I would use a theme of Poinsettias to create 2 different shaped gift boxes.  First up I created this square box from papermill white hammered card, I love the hammered effect and think it gives a look of snow with it's lovely texture.  


I die-cut a poinsettia from 'Post Box Red' card and applied 'cosmic copper' ink and versamark ink to enhance the embossing.  Forest Green card provides a very rich green perfect for the leaves, and I also used it to punch a decorative strip layer for the box lid. 
 I found a lovely red & gold ribbon in my craft stash and coloured some faux pearls with a gold promarker to finish the box.  I love the classic festive colours and these little boxes will be great for presenting gifts to family and friends this year.

Still keeping with the poinsettia theme I thought I'd try to make a triangle shaped cracker, I scored the design on a scoring board and then used a craft knife to remove the triangles to create the cracker shape.  I again used the hammered card but this time in the Rich Cream colour.  


I decided on a paler colour scheme for this poinsettia and die cut it from a mixture of Spring Green, White, and Cream Pearlised cards. Again using the Forest Green card to create my leaves.  This time the embossed details where very subtly enhanced with versamark ink and I added 3 faux peals to the centre.  The 'Seasons Greetings' sentiment was die-cut from the Spring Green card and I added some extra sparkle by applying Detail Sparkle in White Shimmer. 


 Again a search of my ribbon stash and I found a lovely cream and gold ribbon which I tied in large bows each side of the cracker.  I enjoyed making this, my first time actually cutting a cracker shape and I managed to find a sharp craft knife which easily cut the card and not my fingers!!  Which is always a bonus :D

Materials List
White Hammered Card - Papermill Direct
Rich Cream Hammered Card - Papermill Direct
Post Box Red Card - Papermill Direct
Forest Green Card - Papermill Direct
Spring Green Card - Papermill Direct
White Pearlised Card - Papermill Direct
Cream Pearlised Card - Papermill Direct
Cosmic Copper Ink - Brilliance Dewpad
Versamark Inkpad
Detail Sparkle in 'White Shimmer' - Imagination Crafts
Faux Pearls, Ribbons, Promarker, etc from stash 
Layered Poinsettia Die set S5-055 - Spellbinders Shapeabilities
Sentiment Dies LR0225 - Marianne Designs Creatables
Border Punch 'Threading Water' - Fiskars 
 


Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week:  
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon




No comments:

Post a Comment