Monday 8 December 2014

Joy to You & Yours ... with Papermill & Oakhouse Studio

Waving hello and welcome to another +papermilldirect blog post.  This week's Special offer is the super popular 'White Felt Embossed' card which is just £6 for a small box of approx. 80 sheets!! (Link here).

The Design Team are still working hard on Christmas projects and I have a new one to share with you too. (challenges, links, materials lists, etc at end of post).
 This time I thought it would be nice to test out some new toys (spray inks from +oakhousestudio) and see what happens when used with Papermill's 'Plain White' card.  This versatile card was put through it's paces to create this Christmas Bauble card.
First I embossed the background panel, then proceeded to cut and emboss the various elements to make the bauble design.  The card base is also 'Plain White' card scored and folded, and then I gently swiped 'Pumpkin Pie' ink round the outer edge.  More 'Pumpkin Pie', along with 'Tempting Teal', 'French Lavender' and 'Glorious Gold' was applied to the individual parts to layer the bauble.  I used a mixture of swiping, spraying and painting with a paintbrush to bring out the design.  I love the effect of the  'Glorious Gold' when sprayed, it gives a beautiful speckly sparkly effect (my apologies the pics here do not show up all the prettiness).  I sprayed the background panel and also the die cut pieces with lots of gold ink to create shimmer.
 The bauble design was layered up using 3D foam pads to give lots of depth and texture.   I added a vintage gold coloured sheer ribbon to the top, tied in a bow, and faux pearls in different sizes to decorate.
 My little crafty playtime ink testing turned into a completed project, and I do love how it turned out.


Materials Used: 
Plain White Card - Essentials Range - Papermill Direct
Glorious Gold, Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Teal, & French Lavender - Ink in a bottle Spray Inks - Oakhouse Studio
Ornament Set #657974 (embossing folders & Dies set) - Sizzix 
Ribbon and Faux pearls from my craft cupboards


Challenges Entered:  (Sadly I was too late to enter the Oakhouse Studio Challenge)

But I am entering the Nostalgic Christmas Challenge over at http://countryviewchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/decembers-festive-challenge.html
The theme is Nostalgic Christmas and not necessarily vintage, pop over and take a look at all the fab entries so far.  I choose to make this card as the bauble design reminds me of christmasses past and some old glass ornaments that were my grandmother's, I still try and pop a couple on the tree each year but they are so fragile and break easily.  The wording too conjures up a heartfelt sentiment.  
Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara  

Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon



4 comments:

  1. Lovely card and love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie :) I do like that it is not 'traditional' christmas colours yet it seems nostalgic (to me anyway :D) love the inks, think i need to invest in some more, have my eye on the silver :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Angela, it does have a nostalgic feel even though as you say, it is in non traditional Christmas colours. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge at Country View Crafts, and Merry Christmas. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Sue, and thank you so much for popping by with a comment on my card. This one is a keeper as it reminds me so much of Christmases past :)

      Delete