Tuesday 13 January 2015

Love and be Loved!! with Papermill and Visible Image Stamps

We are well into January now and crafters I'm sure will be working on their Valentines projects.  Have you checked out  +papermilldirect's new seasonal landing page 'Valentines'.  Don't forget to also check out the 'Special Offers' section too, a brand new offer has just been added,  20 sheets of 250gsm Black Card for just £4-00

So with the Valentines theme in mind I thought it would be nice to combine some stamping and colouring along with my cricut explore this week. 

The base card was cut on the Explore using papermilldirect white linen card and Post Box Red card.  I love the texture of the linen and along with the red, it's a classic Valentine combo.  Using a grey pen I added some faux stitching detail around the edges of the white card front, sort of stitches with dots that I hoped echoed the rivets on the Tin Man.  Using the sentiment stamp of 'Love and be Loved' from the set, I stamped with black Memento ink into the heart aperture area of the red card.  I then attached the white heart aperture panel to the red card base using 3D foam pads to create depth.

The 'Oz Tin Man' stamp set is really cute  and this was my first chance to play with it.  (there are other characters in this series by +Visible Image which celebrate 75 years of Oz) Using black Memento ink, I stamped the Tin Man and his little clockwork heart onto smooth white card and coloured with Promarkers.  I kept the shades subdued with just a few greys, pale blues and dashes of red shades. (unfortunately it was a dark dull day when i took the pics so I used my daylight lamp and not sure if it washed out the colours a bit but hopefully you can see some colouring :D)  I then carefully cut around the Tin Man and Heart and added them to the card front using 3D foam pads.

For the inside of the card I used the white linen heart shape that was cut from the front panel, it gave a co-ordinated look and was ideal size for the sentiment.  It's nice when you are able to use the shapes that would normally be discarded.

For the finishing touches I added some red faux gems in heart shapes and a little trim of red & white bakers twin tied in a bow.

Materials Used: 
White linen Card, Smooth White Card - Essentials Range - Papermill Direct
Post Box Red Card - Colours Range - Papermill Direct  
'Oz Tin Man' stamp set - Visible Image Stamps 
 Promarkers
Grey Glaze Pen - Sakura
Bakers Twine and faux gems from my craft stash
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, 3 Foam Pads
Tools - Hougie Board to score and Cricut Explore for base.


Challenges Entered: 
I'm going to enter this card in the 'January - Show & Tell' over at Visible Image's facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/visibleimage/photos/

Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara  

Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon



2 comments:

  1. Hi Love the card!! great layout and of course valentine colours lovely! i am your new follower too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jules, thank you so much for your kind comments and for becoming a follower of my Blog :) I'm still trying to organise the Blog properly, hopefully I'm learning as I go :D

      Delete