Monday 2 February 2015

Heart Valentines Easel Card - with papermilldirect

Waving hello and welcome to my Blog, I'm trying to get it a bit better organised and will be adding more links and tutorials, so please bear with me as I'm learning as I go. :)

So onto this weeks post and I have news of another fabulous +papermilldirect Offer just launching - it is a 250gsm Lakeland Green Cambric Embossed card, and for just £6 you can snap up a small A4 boxful.  (we also have a brand new member joining the Team - you can find out more over on the website).


The Design Team have again this week been working on their Valentines projects and I have one to share with you.  I thought as I had done the 'grown up' valentine last week I would make a 'cute' design in tradition colours and I am entering this one in the February Challenge over at House of Cards as the theme is 'LOVE'. (as always materials list and links are at the end of the post).

So here is my Heart Shaped Valentine Easel Card featuring my favourite Bumble Bee die set.
 I cut the Easel base card from Papermilldirect Christmas Red card using Framelits dies, cutting smaller mats from the white card and embossing them with a 'bubbles' design embossing folder.


The bumble bee was cut from Black and Daffodil yellow papermill cards.  A touch of white for the eye area and a touch of grey for his legs.  I used pale yellow vellum for the wings and added a little sparkle to them with detail glitter.  I thought I'd add a little to give him a twinkle in his eye too ;)
 I cut 6 small red hearts and stamped them using black memento ink with various sentiments from the Marianne Collectibles set,  the bee is holding the 'Honey' one and the others read 'Love', XoXo' and 'Sweet'.  3D foam pads were used to mount the completed Bumble or Honey bee to the card front and also the 3 hearts at the top.  2 of the bottom hearts were adhered flat to the card and I raised one with 2 layers of 3D foam to create the 'stopper' for my easel.  

 The card folds down to fit into an envelope. I suppose I should really refer to him as a 'honey' bee :D

Materials Used:  

Hearts, Scallop Framelits Die set - Sizzix
Bee Die set - Go Kreate
Dies & Stamps set COL1307 - Marianne Design
Bubbles Large Embossing Folder from the Summer Set - Sizzix
Detail Sparkle in 'White Shimmer' - Imagination Crafts
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, cosmic shimmer glue, 3D foam pads
Tuxedo Black Ink Pad - Memento
Pale yellow Vellum

Tools - Big Shot for Diecutting & Embossing



Challenges Entered:
'Love' - February Challenge - House of Cards Challenge Blog
 http://houseofcardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/february-challenge-love.html

Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon


13 comments:

  1. TOTALLY darling!!! LOVE the fun bee and the glittery edged wings are perfect! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) This little Bumble Bee is one of my fav little die sets. Thank you so much for popping by with a lovely comment :)

      Delete
  2. Bee-utiful easel card!
    Thank you for joining us at House of Cards!
    Lilian
    http://theleafstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love cards with a different kind of fold, and this is just fabulous. Love all of your attention to details, too! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards. Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara, thank you for popping over with a lovely comment for me, it's much appreciated :) I do like to experiment with different types of cards, I like 'playing' :D

      Delete
  4. OMG- this is just way toooo cute! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card!! That bee and his little wings are just too cute! So sweet! Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for popping by to see my little honey bee card, and your kind comments, :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at HOC :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous easel card! I love the design! It reminds me a bit of the Valentines from my youth! Awesome job! Thank you for joining our Word Cue Challenge at the House of Cards.
    Ruza ~ HOC-Designer
    Ruza's Craft Corner

    ReplyDelete