Monday 28 September 2015

Be Your Own Sunshine...with Papermilldirect


Hello!!  Today I'm sharing one of the two designs I've made using this week's Papermilldirect Special Offer Tangerine card.  This card uses the Cricut Explore (another post will feature a card created with a manual die-cutter and dies).  So first up is this little Layered Quote which uses the ‘Be Your Own Sunshine’ quote set from within the subscription images in Cricut Design Space (or the intricate quotes cart or image set if you have that instead). I sized this design to measure approx.  5” x 7” so that it would fit a 5x7 envelope as a card or can be used as a small display piece as I have done here.  You can of course cut this one as large as you wish for displaying.  (I have provided my Design Space link below if you wish to cut to the dimensions I have used).
 The design consists of 3 layers, the main image has been cut from this week’s special offer ‘Tangerine’ cardstock.  Using Cosmic Shimmer clear drying glue I added blue denim effect paper behind the girl silhouette to add a pop of extra colour and interest, blue being a great contrast to orange colour tones. Just for a little extra definition I did edge the sections that make up the girl figure with a Versa Mark pen, it's quite subtle and  I highlighted the word ‘Sunshine’ using detail sparkle in ‘White Shimmer’ and left to dry.
When dry I assembled the quote design as follows,  using double sided tape to adhere the Daffodil yellow card (middle layer) onto the Bright Orange card rectangle (bottom layer).  The top panel of Tangerine was then carefully positioned on top using 3D foam pads to give height and depth to the image.  I really like the zingy colours teamed with such a bright and cheery sentiment.
    
Materials Used:
Tangerine ‘ Special Offer’ card - Papermilldirect
Daffodil Yellow card - Papermilldirect
Bright Orange card - Papermilldirect
Denim effect paper is from Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy paper pack
Detail Sparkle ‘White Shimmer’ – Imagination Crafts
Versa Mark Pen (optional)
Adhesives Used: Cosmic Shimmer ‘clear’ glue, 3D foam pads, double-sided tape
Cricut Explore  - my Design Space Link: https://uk.cricut.com/design/#/canvas/31695738



Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 


https://www.papermilldirect.co.uk/
Click Logo to go direct to papermill



No comments:

Post a Comment