Thursday 7 January 2016

Stacking Word Blocks Project with Deco Mache and Cricut Explore



Hello and welcome to another Blog Post to start the New Year. Although I love cardmaking I do also like to craft in other ways, so today I'd like to share this project with you.

Each year I like to create a handmade gift for my parents.  I’ve seen stacking word blocks before with individual letters and Christmas words on them, and thought it would be nice to create blocks with a verse for Grandparents.
I started by preparing 4 MDF blocks with white acrylic paint and then applied 3 different Deco Mache papers to create my base blocks.

I played around with a verse / phrase and adapted it to fit the blocks.  I created the wording in Design Space, so I could cut it out on my Cricut Explore.

If you'd like to find out more, including details of the materials used and a step-by-step Tutorial guide, then please pop over to my Trimcraft Gallery here: http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projects/121004/stacking-word-blocks-with-santoro-deco-mache-cricut-explore

I really enjoyed making this project and I'm thinking it would also be ideal for a Mother's Day gift too :)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment