I do love sausage doggies, dachshund doesn’t really seem a cute enough word for them. Anyway I have this fun Dovecraft washi tape and the First Edition Animal themed die set and thought the lovely colours in the new Me to You ‘Sweet Shop’ papers would work well with them, so here’s my doggy themed Valentine card or maybe just a card to send to that special someone whatever the occasion?
Step by Step:
Take a 6” x 6” square Kraft card blank and place with the
fold across the top. Add a length of the
Dachshund printed wash tape across the bottom, smoothing down firmly and then
trimming the sides flush with card.
From the Sweet Shop 6x6 paper pack, cut a piece of green
striped paper approx. 3 7/8”square. Mat
this onto a die cut stamp shape cut from
lemon paper (Sweet Shop) using the First Edition nesting postage stamp. Adhere to card front using double sided
Using the First Edition Script alphabet die set, cut
letters to spell ‘woof you’ from Dovecraft Chocolate glitter card. Glue letters in place at top right of paper
- Using the dachshund die from the FE Animal themed set, cut 1 from kraft card and add dark brown card to the back to show through the cut outs. Add to card front using 3D foam pads to bottom of paper panel.
Die cut balloons using the Belle & Boo die set from different pattern papers within the ‘Sweet Shop’ 6x6 pack. I also cut one balloon from the chocolate glitter card. Glue a length of pink & white twine to back of each balloon then arrange balloons on card front using 3D foam pads to adhere. Take the lengths of twine and take under the dogs head so they look to be held in its mouth, adding a dab of glue behind head to hold in place then trim twine ends to desired length
- Materials Used:
- Me to You Sweet Shop 6x6 FSC Paper Pack MYPAP006
- Dovecraft Kraft 6"x6" Cards & Envelopes DCCE024
- First Edition Dies - Nesting Stamps FEDIE012
- First Edition Dies - Animal FEDIE028
- First Edition Dies - Script Alphabet FEDIE014
- A4 Glitter Card (Chocolate) DCGC15
All materials are from +Trimcraft Ltd and this project also appears in my Trimcraft Design Team Gallery, link here: http://www.trimcraft.co.uk/projects/121361/woof-you-valentines-card-with-sweet-shop-papers-and-first-edition-dies