Monday 21 March 2016

Happy, Happy, Happy...


Hello, today I'd like to share this easy card make with you.  I really like this silhouette of a girl with butterflies in her hair which is a digi stamp image from LC Designs (all links at end of post)  so it’s an easy print out to give a perfect image every time.  I have teamed it with some of my favourite Papermilldirect coloured cardstocks to create this simple card that would also work as a display piece too.  This is my first time working with this image and I am also entering this card into the Little Claire Challenge #67 - Anything Goes! , the House of Cards March Challenge: Silhouette and the Ribbon Girl Any Image Challenge
I started by scoring and folding an A4 sheet of PMD white linen card in half and then trimming down to create a regular 5” x 7” card base.
I printed off the digi image onto PMD white linen card too, the linen texture adds a lovely canvas style to digi stamps.  My printed image panel measures approx. 3 ½” wide x 2 ¾” high and I matted it onto a slightly larger piece of PMD black card to give a small border to frame it.
Using a dots patterned folder I embossed a piece of PMD Raspberry Pink card approx. 4 ½” wide x 3 ¾” high and adhered to top of the card base using double sided tape.
 
Mounting the matted digi image panel on top of the embossed panel using 3D foam pads to give a little height.

Using the ‘happy’ die I cut the word 3 times: 1 from PMD black card, 1 from PMD purple grape and 1 from PMD raspberry pink. Gluing the words into position under the image at the right hand side, graduating the colours, black at the top, then purple, then pink at the bottom.
I cut 2 larger butterfly shapes from the FE Butterfly die set, 1 from PMD new lilac and 1 from PMD raspberry pink.  I also cut some tiny butterflies for any extra embellishment.
Using clear drying glue I glued the pink butterfly flat to the card front, to left of happy words.  The lilac butterfly was layered on top with just glue along the body part so the wings could be bent up to give dimension.
I decided to just add one of the tiny card butterflies to the image panel, I chose the purple butterfly and added glue just to the body part so the wings could be bent up.  I wanted the girl image to look as though she was following the  butterfly!  A little detail sparkle was added to the tiny butterfly and to the body of the larger butterfly to highlight them.

I chose to use the ‘happy’ word 3 times as I really liked how it looked stacked up, but you could of course use ‘happy’ and ‘birthday’ or add ‘birthday’ to the inside if you wish to make as a birthday card.  I’ve kept the design simple as it worked well with the black & white image but can easily be further embellished with pearls, gems, extra butterflies, etc.

Challenges Entered:
Materials Used:
White Linen Card - Papermilldirect
Black, Raspberry Pink, Purple Grape, New Lilac coloured card - Papermilldirect
Meadow Girl digi image - LC Designs (Little Claires)
Swiss Dots embossing folder - Cuttlebug (Provocraft)
Butterfly die set - First Edition
Happy word die - Clearly Besotted
White Shimmer Detail Sparkle - Imagination Crafts
Cosmic Shimmer clear drying glue, Double Sided tape, 3D foam pads








No comments:

Post a Comment