Sunday 17 November 2019

Stag Place Cards - Trimcraft DT


Hello, today I'm sharing these fun Stag place cards, this design would also work well as a Christmas Card as it is an easel style and can be folded down for posting out.

Find my Video Step by Step Tutorial here: 



Step by Step:


  • Select the stag deer and bow shapes from the First Edition Modern & Decorative Digital Cutting Dies USB's.  I'm using my Scan n Cut so I've inserted them into Canvas online the free software for the Scan n Cut Machines.  I've resized the stag to approx: 102 x 167mm as shown below

  • To create a mat layer for the shapes, Click the edit button and choose an outside offset of 2mm for both the stag and bow as shown below

  • To make it easier to see I have coloured the layers, so you can see here the main shape on top of the mat layer.  Cut the main shapes from pattern paper and the mat layer from a brown card.

  • Cut matching brown card approx 28cm long x 7cm wide and score at 7cm & 14cm , fold to create an easel card shape.  Add pattern paper mat layers 6.5cm x 6.5cm for front square panel and 6.5cm x 13.5 for inside base panel. (see video for how to)



  • create easel 'stopper' using wooden letter tag tiles or adhesive letters or even handwritten tags to personalise the place card or add a Christmas greeting if you are making these as Christmas cards.

List of Products used can be found over at my Trimcraft Design Team Gallery link here: 
Thank you for popping by, comments always welcome, Angela x

No comments:

Post a Comment