Thursday, 1 May 2014

It's Linen but with a whole new look!!

I'd like to share a new design with you today, this is my very first project as part of the Papermill Design Team.

I made this card  to showcase the beautiful colour and texture of this 'Navy Linen' card. (which is actually on special offer this week, link at end of post)  it is a very rich dark blue and has a delicate linen texture, which I hope you can see in my pics.



I decided to make a shaped standing card using the Navy Linen as the main focus, you can see that it cut brilliantly with my Tonic dies.  I also thought I would try heat embossing for the stamped sentiment.  This can sometimes be tricky to do with a textured card, but it worked a treat on this linen texture.

A length of pastel green ribbon was threaded through the outside detail of the card front,  then I assembled the card by adding a back and front panel  die cut from Baby Pink card, diecut flowers & leaves, sparkly faux gems and the sentiment diecut and 3D mounted to provide the finishing touches. (Materials list at end of post)

I really liked the contrast of the dark blue card against the softer paler colours and think this is a colour combo I will visit again.

The Navy Linen card is currently on special offer over at papermill direct, here is the link to all of the special offers  so it's a perfect time to try this one out for yourself.  

Why not take a look at the papermill blog and the other DT blogs and see what they got up to with this fab card:




Materials List:
Navy linen card  - papermill direct
Baby Pink card - papermill direct
Raspberry Pink Card - papermill direct
Spring Green Card - papermill direct

Visible Image Stamp
Crystal White Inkpad
Silver Pearl Embossing Powder
Tonic Dies - Loopy Lace
Sue Wilson Dies - Faux Quilled Blooms
Ribbon & Faux Gems from my craft stash