Wednesday 14 May 2014

Post Pals

I recently heard about something called 'Post Pals' and joined a group on facebook set up by Claire  the lady that runs Jellypark digital stamps. She has very kindly offered free images to be made into cards and then sent to sick children and / or their siblings.  you can find the group on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495638457181446/

Post Pals is an award winning charity set up to send cards, letters, emails and little gifts to seriously ill children and their siblings in the UK and is supported by Children in Need and the Princes Trust, you can find out more about their work here http://www.postpals.co.uk/

I thought the whole idea was wonderful and signed up with Claire's group, received my first digi image and got to work on my first Post Pals card.



I printed the image out onto Cream Linen effect card, as I just love that texture, it adds extra interest to the image. 

Coloured with pro-markers and cut around the image, so i could attached it to the main star dimensionally with 3D foam pads.  

I made a card base by scoring & folding Mocha card,
die-cutting stars in various sizes from different colours of card  and added faux stitching with a white pergamano pen.


Die cut some letters to spell out 'hi' and added to one of the stars.  Patterned paper and string of stars from my crafty stash.

Materials List:
Digi Image - Jellypark
Cream Linen, Mocha, Sky Blue, Spring Green, Christmas Red cards - Papermill Direct
White pen - Pergamano
Promarkers & string of card stars from stash

One of the nice things about Post pals is that you can read each child's story, you get to learn a little about them and their world, and choose which child to send your card to.  Some children have siblings and they may also like to receive a card (or gift) too.  I have already chosen the child I'm sending my card to and will be posting it out later to hopefully put a smile on his face.

If you'd like to get involved, why not check out the links above, or comment below and I'll be happy to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment