Monday 19 January 2015

More Valentines and a Special Offer card - with papermilldirect

Hello again, welcome to another blog post with news of this week's special offer card from +papermilldirectThis week it is a really nice textured card ' Harvest Buckram Embossed' and is just £4 for 20 A4 sheets.  I think this is such a great cardstock to work with as it not only has a lovely texture and colour, but it lends itself well to electronic cutting, manual cutting and is sure to be a fave for those cute Valentine's makes as well as those classy elegant makes too.

You can see what the rest of the Design Team got up to with this week's card, by clicking the links at the end of the post, but here are my designs for this week:

I was thinking of a simple elegant make that wouldn't be too time consuming or complicated and so I came up with this Valentines Card and Gift Tag.


I created a card base from papermilldirect Post Box Red and cut a mat from the Harvest Buckram card.  The decorative die is from Tattered Lace, and is cut from the smooth cream card.  The alphabet dies are new to the market from First Edition, I cut each letter from Post Box Red card, the script style worked well with the die cut elements.  I simply positioned the letters across the centre of the card spanning the 2 diecut pieces and added 3 faux gems in red to finish.
The gift tag again uses the Harvest Buckram but this time I have used it through the Big Shot to show how easy it die-cuts.  It is the same die as used on the card above, but I have cut into it to remove some sections.  I have kept the colour scheme the same teaming it with Post Box Red card and Cream card.  Antique Gold sheer ribbon to finish.
Post Box Red Card - Colours Range - Papermilldirect
Cream Card Smoth - Essentials Range - Papermilldirect
Script Alphabet dies - First Edition

Double Delights die -Tattered Lace
Ribbon & faux gems from my craft stash
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, cosmic shimmer glue
Tools - Hougie Board to score card base, and Big Shot for die cutting


Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara  

Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon

2 comments:

  1. well done both so lovely, loving the dies you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, these started out as just something I needed to put together quickly, but I actually really like how they turned out :)

      Delete