Monday 26 January 2015

Love Heart Valentine with papermilldirect and Oakhouse Studio

Waving hello and welcome to this week's +papermilldirect DT post. We are all still busy with our Valentine's Day makes, but before I share mine, I must tell you about this week's special offer card which is a sumptuous 300gsm called 'Teddy Bear Brown' you can get a small box of A4 for just £6!! Do pop over and see what Barbara has created with this offer card, links at the end of this post.

So what did I make this week?  Well I'm not really the pink & white kind of Valentine Girl, Purple is my colour of passion and since I am quite fond of using the papermilldirect black I thought I'd team the two together to create a dramatic Valentine's card.
I have this gorgeous heart stamp from Oak House Studio that I discovered last year and have used it a few times.  I love the detail and it's versatility and so I stamped it using versamark ink onto papermilldirect smooth white card, before gently blending over with a Violet coloured pan pastel to create the main focal point.

I then used the stamp again, this time quickly and randomly onto regular white card and the idea was to not be as precise, to give the background a more out of focus effect.  I then stamped the word 'Love' a few times also in versamark ink before swiping over it all with the violet pan pastel.

I cut mat layers from papermilldirect black card and sprayed with 'Glorious Gold' ink-in-a-bottle and set aside to dry whilst i then sprayed over my pan pastel heart panels.  I sprayed extra onto the main Heart to try and get a few larger 'splodges' of the gold.  This is a fab spray ink and gives lots of shimmery detail.  Love the effect not only on the Violet but the extra dimension it gave to the black card too. I matted again with just a touch of white to set off the centre panel and then mounted everything onto a white card base created by scoring & folding papermilldirect white card.

I just added a sheer antique gold ribbon and metal heart charm to finish. 

Materials Used:  
Violet Pan Pastel - Pan Pastels
Ribbon & heart charm from my craft stash
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, cosmic shimmer glue
Tools - Hougie Board to score card base, guillotine to cut panels

Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara  

Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon

7 comments:

  1. Great card and a lovely heart. The Gold spray looks fabulous on the black card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine :) I really love that Gold spray!! I have a few of the other colours to play with, but think I really Need the other metallics too :D

      Delete
  2. Lovely card - might have to try that gold spray - looks amazing :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Steffi :) I can recommend the spray inks from Oakhouse Studio, they are fabulous and you get a lot in a bottle. The stamps are fab too :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous card! the gold looks fab and the little charm is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) Must admit this is my favourite heart stamp, love all the detail it has :)

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, really gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete