Friday 28 March 2014

The Duck is Back!!

No I've not gone entirely Quackers, well maybe just a little.  I'm referring to my Duck shaped cards.  I have been making these cute little guys for a few years now and noticed I didn't have any spare in stock.  So could I find my handmade template?  No of course not, I searched everywhere and was just about to hand draw another when I thought why not use the cricut mini, then I can design it and save it so I don't lose the template again, and not only that but I can also enter a 'Challenge'.  More about that at the bottom of this post.

So here's my new 'Get Well Soon' little ducky design.
 
Starting with the yellow card base, which has been covered with quality linen textured yellow paper and cut into a duck shape, the cut edges have been inked with 'orange' pan pastels to add definition to the shape.  (I have sealed the pan pastel to avoid colour transfer)

Little Ducky has a little 3D wing that has been made as per the main card and attached dimensionally to give interest.

Ducky has a bright orange beak cut from orange Funky Foam and a googly eye for expression.

The duck even has a little bandage on his wing, the bandage has been made from handmade paper which i have folded and wrapped about his wing, and is topped off with a little tag with a little bakers twine bow. The tag has the wording 'get well soon' 




Materials & Tools Used:
Yellow Cardstock, Yellow linen patterned paper, funky foam, handmade paper, bakers twine, jewellery tag & googly eye, all from current craft stash.

Cricut Mini and Cricut Craft Room Basics (in CCR) to cut the main Duck image 
(wing and beak cut by hand) 

Challenges Entered:
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog - FCCB Challenge #203 Bye Bye Birdie



4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness your duck is adorable with it's little injured wing. Perfect get well card! Thanks for joining FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there and Thank You so much :)
      I'm looking forward to entering more challenges at FCCB

      Angela :)

      Delete
  2. This is so so sweet. Love how you wrapped up the wing.Glad you could play with FCCB

    ReplyDelete