Thursday 26 June 2014

Off-White Pearlised - a papermill offer

Hello all and Happy Thursday!! Please forgive any typos, I'm still recovering and not quite back to normal yet (whatever normal is :D) but before I went to hospital, I did manage to have a play with this weeks special offer from papermill direct.  
 (You''ll find all the current 'special offers' in this section, link HERE.  New Offers usually start on a Thursday and previous offers may still be available so do check regularly. (as always the materials list and challenges entered are at the bottom).

And it's yet another treat this week, a beautiful off-white pearlised card in 300gsm.  It has such a pretty sheen and I really didn't want to do too much to it for my first card, I wanted to let the sparkly pearlised show through and came up with this Wedding card with a little hanging heart design.
 Wedding card with hanging heart, all card used is papermill off white pearlised offer card. Inside card aperture is a scalloped heart of patterned paper that lines up with the front cut out.

Here you can see the heart cut out detail

I kept the colours simple just white and silver and used scalloped heart dies and border punches to add extra interest.  The card was lovely to work with and embossed beautifully with the swirls embossing folder, cut fab with my dies through my Big Shot and also punched crisply with the Tonic border punch.

This pic shows the card laying flat so you can see the cut out heart lines up with the inner heart of patterned paper,  I get stressed out if things don't line up properly first time round :D
 
Materials Used:
Off White Pearlised 300gsm 'offer'card from Papermill Direct
Pattern paper in silver & off-white from my craft stash
White organza ribbon, string of faux pearl beads, faux half pearls.
Tonic Border Punch, Scalloped Heart Dies, Tattered Lace Sentiment Dies, Cuttlebug Swirl Embossing Folder.

Why not pop over and see what my papermill teamies have got up to this week too?:
Barbara
Sharon  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Angela with so much attention to detail!

    ReplyDelete