Tuesday 9 February 2016

Love is in the Air...

Hello, I have another make for you this week using Papermilldirect cardstocks.  This week the Design Team are looking at Free Printables and creating Valentines projects with them.  I found a set of printable mini notecards designed by The Tom Kat Studio and available for free from their website. The set I am using is the Printable Mini Notecards - Set #1
These printables are great for quick makes as they print out with 3 mini notecards per A4 sheet, simply download, print, colour, cut out and fold and they are ready to go, or if you have a little more time why not make them into a bigger design as I have done here.

I printed the design sheet off onto an A4 sheet of Papermilldirect Plain White card, there are 3 different designs on the sheet, I chose the Balloon design to work with.  I coloured the balloon using First Edition marker pens in shades of purple and pink, and the lettering in pink and yellow.

I used a light grey marker pen to outline the image and sentiment, then trimmed the image down to just under 3” square. A light grey marker pen was used to outline the cut edge before mounting the square onto a slightly larger square of Papermilldirect  Purple Grape Card.
Using a Sizzix embossing folder with a bubbles design I embossed Papermilldirect Plain White card and trimmed down to approx. 4” square.  I decided I quite liked the debossed side to work with the balloon image and matted it onto a slightly larger square of PMD Raspberry Pink card.

The card base was created by scoring and folding and A4 sheet of PMD Plain White card and then trimming down to create a 5.5” square card.  I added the embossed panel centrally to the card front using double sided tape and used 3D foam pads to adhere the balloon panel to create height.
To finish a touch of white gel pen adds a little highlight to the balloon.Choosing a simple image to work with makes colouring quicker and easier and teaming with a simple embossed panel adds extra interest. I decided to leave the card as more of a 'clean & simple' style but you could of course add extra embellishments or ribbons if you prefer.

Materials Used:
Plain White Card - Papermilldirect
Purple Grape Card - Papermilldirect
Raspberry Pink Card - Papermilldirect
Free Valentines Printables - http://www.thetomkatstudio.com/2013/01/freeprintablevalentinesforparenting
Craft Twin Markers - First Edition
Sizzix Embossing Folder
Double Sided Tape, 3D Foam Pads









No comments:

Post a Comment