Tuesday 26 July 2016

You Colour My World - Guest Blogging with Oak House Studio


Hello, I'm back again to share a simple card design step by step created with Oak House Studio products. I was invited to Guest Blog for OHS and this is my 3rd project.  
As the theme this month is Rainbow Colours I thought I would make use of those fabulous Triple Ink pads, there are enough to cover the whole rainbow.  I started by stamping circles onto white card, using the lightest 2 colours in each of the triple colour ink pads.  (The circle stamp I have used is from the Flowers & Circles stamp set but I notice that a brand new set of Circle College stamps has just appeared in the Oak House Studio Shop, perfect timing!!)  I stamped a butterfly onto each circle using the darkest shade from each of the 5 triple ink pads so that each circle was colour coordinated and when dry I used a circle die to cut out which also left a little white border all around.

 The card base is simply an A4 sheet of Papermilldirect White Linen card, one of my favourite card textures, scored, folded and trimmed to approx. 7” x 5” card base.  I chose the sentiment stamp ‘You Colour my world’ stamping the words in black Memento ink along the bottom of the card base, apart from the word ‘Colour’ which was fun to stamp using the triple inkpads to give a rainbow effect to the word.

To coordinate with the black ink and add definition to the circles I cut an extra panel of white linen card approx. 3” x 7” and matted onto black card to give a small black border top and bottom, adding to card front using d/s tape and trimming edges flush with card.

To create extra interest with a raised effect I added 3D foam pads to the back of each circle.
Position circles onto card front panel with butterflies in different positions and circles overlapping slightly, when happy with positioning remove backing from foam pads and press into place. I found it easier to stick down the first circle and the last one before adding the others.

 I’ve tried to keep this card CAS (clean & simple) with lots of white space and confining the colour to circles, it can easily be adapted using other stamps such as flowers in place of the butterflies or by using some of the other sentiments in the stamp set. 
Products used:
Colour Chemistry Triple Inkpads (fruity reds, sunshine yellows, meadow greens, sky blues, berry purples)
Black memento ink
d/s tape, 3D foam pads
 





No comments:

Post a Comment