Tuesday 8 July 2014

Thinking of You...

Thinking of You... a sentiment that can be used for many different occasions both joyful and sad and is useful when we may not be sure of what to say but want the recipient to know we are thinking of them.
 This weeks special offer card from papermill direct a 230gsm 'Ivory Lightly Embossed' card (a small box is just £5 Link Here)  has a delicate embossing on it which I thought would be perfect to print onto with this fabulous downloaded paper which has a water-colour effect.  Now I have one of those printers that can be a bit temperamental with printing onto card as it has the front tray loader, But it seems happy to take all the papermill cards I have tried so far through it and this weeks special offer is no exception, it whizzed through perfectly first time.  I really like the the colours of this patterned paper and how it blended with the texture of the cardstock to make a lovely water-coloury (I know that's not a real word :D) and tactile mat for my card.

 If you've been following my blog so far, you will know that I do like to test out the cardstocks in different ways, it is important to not only have good quality materials but also ones that are versatile, that can 'multi-task'.  So here I not only tested it out with direct printing but i also stamped the sentiment with a dew drop ink pad, it stamped lovely on the textured surface first time and no loss of image.  I also tested the card with a Martha Stewart punch. It punched through crisply as you can see.  (I have also tested this particular cardstock by electronic cutting with my Cricut Mini - please see other blog post for that one :))
 The colours of the pattern paper were easy to match within the Papermill Direct range of card colours.  Raspberry Pink and Lime Green being the obvious partners.  I added a couple of Card Candis and a bow of lime green ribbon and my design was finished.



Materials Used:
230gsm Light Ivory Embossed 'offer' Card - Papermill Direct
Lime Green card, Raspberry Pink card  - Papermill Direct
Martha Stewart Doily Punch. 
'Sweet Little Sentiments' Stamp Set from Clearly Besotted. 
Dew Drop Ink Pad in 'Pearlescent orchid'. 
Card Candi & Ribbon from my craft stash. 
Papers are downloads from Pink Petticoat's new range 'Strawberry Blooms' the design used is called 'Fresh Blooms' which I chose for it's watercolour effect that worked well with the embossed texture of the offer card.

Challenges Entered:

Why not pop over and see what my fabulous papermill teamies have got up to this week too?:
 

Barbara

Lisa
 
Ruth
Sharon  

1 comment: