Wednesday 13 August 2014

Dreaming.....

Hello, thank you for joining me and today as promised, I would like to share another design, this one created almost entirely from White Hammered effect card, another 'must have' from the 'essentials' range over at Papermill Direct.
 (Link here to the 'Essentials' range section of the Papermill website).



I set myself a bit of a challenge with this card.  I wanted to see just how many things could be done with the White Hammered card and yet restrict it to just muted colours of lilac and grey.
 

So first job was to create my card base by scoring and folding my white hammered card.  Next I cut a smaller panel and popped it through my Big Shot using an embossing folder.  This created a lovely embossed pattern and yet still left me with that lovely hammered texture which is what i was after.  I found a little bottle of paper-glaze and painted it onto the raised embossed designs of birds, flowers and ribbons and left it to dry.

Next I thought I'd test it out by die-cutting, I chose a bird with wings and some leafy branches and a little birdy to run through my Big Shot.  They all cut perfectly and I also popped them through with an embossing mat, as I wanted to pick up the veining on the leaves.


Next to bring in some grey, I chose 'London Fog' memento ink and stamped a flourish randomnly around the edges of the base card, also stamping a sentiment of 'dreaming'.  By this time my paper glaze was dry and I could work on adding the lilac shade.  I chose 'milled lavender' distress ink and gently inked around all my card pieces cut edges, including the die cut pieces.  I also popped the die back onto my leafy branches and used it as a stencil to add ink to the raised areas.

3D foam pads give height to the centre panel and also the diecut embellishments and sentiment. 4 card candis have been inked to match and found a pale grey sheer ribbon to create a bow.  I snipped into my leaves and branches to separate them so they could be arranged around the card front, adding little bits of 3D foam to raise individual leaves. For the  final touches I added a grey faux gem eye to my large bird and popped the little bird onto my sentiment panel.

 I really like the effect of the paper glaze on the embossed card too and think I'll try that again.

White Hammered card is another 'essential' I highly recommend, not only a wonderful texture to this card, but you can do so much with it. emboss it, cut it, ink it, stamp it, experiment with it and have fun!!

Materials List: 
White Hammered Card  - Papermill Direct Essentials range
‘Milled Lavender’ Distress Ink
‘London Fog’ Memento Ink
‘Magi Glaze’ Varnish
Card Candi, Grey Ribbon, faux gem, 

Dies, Embossing folder, stamps from my stash


Challenges Entered: 
Sisters of Craft - August Anything Goes Challenge
http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/sisters-of-craft-august-anything-goes.html


Why not pop over and see what my fabulous papermill teamies have got up to this week?:
Barbara
Lisa
Ruth
Sylvia
Sandie

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, great use of embossing, die cuts and stamping, love it.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicate and pretty
    Thank you for entering in the Sisters of Craft Challenge
    Pixie (DT member)

    ReplyDelete