Monday 11 August 2014

Have a Wonderful Day!!

Whilst looking through my stamp sets I found a set of Penny Black Hedgehogs that haven't been used for ages, love these cheeky fun images and thought I would use them in conjunction with this fabulous White Linen card from papermill direct. which is from their 'Essentials' range, to create a Design Team project for them.  (materials list, links and challenges entered are at end of post).


For my card I chose the popular White Linen and teamed it with bright Raspberry pink.  I scored and folded the White Linen to create my card blank, and to die-cut with a scalloped circle and a lattice trellis background die.  I love the versatility of the Linen Card, and the texture is subtle but makes a big difference to the overall look of your projects.  
 
I like to stamp and colour onto Linen Card too, and that is what I did with my little Penny Black hedgehog stamp.  I also stamped a greeting of 'Have a Wonderful Day' onto the linen and die-cut it into a little tag.  My image was coloured with pro-markers and some stickles glitter glue was added to the centre of the flowers to give a little sparkle.  4 white card candis and a raspberry ribbon provide the finishing touches. 

I think Linen card really is an 'essential' part of every paper crafters stock.  It can have lots of uses from formal through to fun creations. 

Tomorrow I will show a card that features another of the 'essentials' so I do hope you will pop back.  I would love to hear any comments or feedback and I am always happy to answer any questions. Happy crafting!!


Materials Used:   
White Linen Card - Papermill Direct - Essentials

Raspberry Pink card - Papermill Direct - Colours
Penny Black stamp set, 
pro-markers to colour, 
dies to cut circles and lattice background, 
stickles glitter glue, card candi, pink ribbon.

Challenges Entered: 
Sisters of Craft - August Anything Goes Challenge
http://thesistersofcraft.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/sisters-of-craft-august-anything-goes.html

Why not pop over and see what my fabulous papermill teamies have got up to this week?:
Barbara
Lisa
Ruth
Sylvia
Sandie

4 comments:

  1. I love the stamp - he is a real cutie! I also like the texture the linen card adds. It's not something I have used before and now I might have to invest ion some :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) I love stamping on the white linen, I've also stamped on the rich cream linen when I made the Indian girl for the teepee card, it added a nice base colour for me to colour over top with promarkers. btw They do have a section on the website where you can request up to 10 samples (DL size) for £1 (free shipping), brilliant way to try out the textures and colours first.

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous make.. so eye-catching and profressional... and yep... i'll be heading to papermill. lol.. thanks for taking part in the Sisters of Craft challenge and good luck. Tina DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, thank you so much for popping by, and your lovely comments :) x

      Delete