Friday 3 October 2014

Getting Cute n' Funky with papermill

Waving hello and welcome to this week's papermill blog post.  This week we are revisiting Halloween ideas and of course Black plays a big part in that colour scheme, so the special offer this week is a fab 300gsm A4 Black card in a small box for just £6-50!!  So a perfect time to stock up.

I've had a bit of a 'not feeling too well' week, with some Drs appointments and more blood tests and things, so I have kept this week's makes simple but hopefully you will find them cute and funky too.

I used my Cricut to cut out these fun layered Spider characters.  Using papermill card in Grey, Dark Violet, Purple Grape and of course Black.  I thought the black body part would look better with some texture, so I ran it through the Big Shot using a dots patterned embossing folder and then rubbed some blue coloured gilding wax over it to add a sheen that catches the light.  I added stickles glitter glue to the top hats, using a different colour for each Spider, then all the black parts were added to the main body using 3D foam pads to give height.  
 
The eyes were originally just small holes, but the minute you start to put a googly eye on something that is when it comes to life with it's own personality.  So I chose a different colour for each spider and the large eyes with lashes seemed to work best.  Rather than make these into cards I made them into fridge magnets, so a little round magnet is attached to the back of each and I placed them on my fridge freezer door.  
I like the little shoes the spiders are wearing and with the top hat make me think they are about to start tap dancing across my fridge freezer.  They are definitely not scary enough to keep my children out of there though :D


Materials List:
Black Card - papermill direct
Dark Grey Card - papermill direct
Dark Violet Card - papermill direct
Purple Grape Card - papermill direct
Dots embossing folder - Sizzix
Ultramarine Metallic Gilding Wax - Creative Expressions
Mercury Glass Stickles - Ranger
Glitz it Purple Sparkle glitter glue - Docrafts
Googly Eyes

if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: Barbara Lisa Ruth Sylvia Sandie Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment