Monday 27 October 2014

Thinking ahead, with a spring in your step... with Papermill

Another week has come around and that means another fab offer over at +papermilldirect   .  This week the Design Team are casting off the dull weather and thinking ahead to Spring, and to tie in with that this week we have a lovely shade of 'Primrose Yellow' as the special offer card, 240gsm A4  in a small box for just £5-50.  This shade works well with lots of other colours and is sure to brighten your makes.  (materials lists and links at end of post).

My first design features layered Art Nouveau daffodils and I created a large shaped card as the base.  Using papermill card in Primrose Yellow, Apple Green, Spring Green and plain white.  The daffodil design has also had extra detail added with a versamark pen and a little 'detail sparkle' glitter glue.


I added a stamped sentiment of 'You Are Appreciated' and cut it with a banner die.  The majority of the design was cut with my little Cricut Mini and you can see the card cuts really well  and I only use the 'light card' setting. One of the reasons I love papermill card is that it is always a dream to cut, no nasty wayward fibres in their cardstock.

For my second design I chose to create a large tag, this could be used as a gift tag for a special gift or it could become an interactive feature of a greetings card.  For this design I used the Primrose yellow and white hammered card.  I cut the flower design with my Cricut Mini and used a versamark pen  and then dusted over with a gold mica powder to add subtle shimmery detail to the petals.  The background of my tag has been embossed through a Big Shot using 2 different embossing folders.  I carefully positioned the card to emboss 'dots' on the lower portion so that it would show through in the centre of the flower, and I used a 'script' embossing folder for the top part.  You can see that the Primrose Yellow embosses beautifully too.  


I thought such a happy colour scheme should have a happy sentiment too, so I chose 'hello'  and cut it from the primrose yellow, then I followed the letters with my versamark pen and dusted over it with the gold mica powder, it adds a nice golden glow to the words, exactly how a 'hello' should be, all happy and glowing :)  The sentiment was added to a strip of white card which I embossed with the dots folder, but this time used the de-bossed side.  I do like experimenting with the reverse of embossing folders, sometimes I prefer the de-bossed side and it's also fun to mix them up a bit.

When assembling the tag I put some 3D foam behind the petals of the flower, to emphasise the shape and give a little height and interest.  A clear flower shaped button topped with a yellow sparkly faux gem made a nice centre for the flower and I found some pretty yellow satin ribbon and a sheer white ribbon in my crafty stash, to finish it off.

Thank you for popping by today, If you have any questions or just want to say hello, then please pop a comment below, I'd love to hear from you :)

Materials List:
Primrose Yellow Card - Papermill Direct
Apple Green Card - Papermill Direct
Spring Green Card - Papermill Direct
Plain White Card - Papermill Direct
White Hammered Card - Papermill Direct
Sentiment Stamps, Hello Die, & Banner Die - Clearly Besotted Stamps
Detail Sparkle 'White Shimmer' - Imagination Crafts
Versamark Pen, Mica Powder, black memento ink,
Ribbons, sparkly faux gem, clear flower button
Cricut Mini, Big Shot, embossing folders


Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week:  
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon





No comments:

Post a Comment