Tuesday 10 February 2015

Easter Hare Card with Papermilldirect


 Well the snow has gone, we only had a little but it was bitterly cold along the coast here, and now the sun is shining and birds are singing and it looks to be a spring-like day from my view across the park.  So looking forward to the warmer weather, we are all working on our Spring projects this week over at the +papermilldirect DT.  This week's special offer is a gorgeous 300gsm card in 'Dark Chocolate Brown - you can get your hands on a small A4 box for just £6.  I expect this one will be especially popular as it reminds me of those Chocolate Easter bunnies, yum!!  Speaking of which, do check out Lisa's project using this offer card. (all links at the bottom of the post).


So onto my Easter project this week, I thought I'd play with the Cricut Explore and create an Easter Egg shaped card in pastel colours. Nothing too complicated but it features a Folk Art Style Easter Hare.  I often make these hares and layer different coloured card behind the panels to create different looks, this time for a simple clean look I have kept to using just the New Lilac card to accent the cutouts.  Absolutely love this shade of lilac.
I cut the Card base from White Hammered card then 2 smaller layers from Daffodil Yellow and Pale Turquoise, nesting them evenly on my card base.

A length of Blue & white gingham ribbon I found in my craft drawers was attached across the front and I added a bow.

Then I used the White Linen card to cut the Easter Hare, I do love the slight texture the linen effect gives to the white shape.  Using the New Lilac for the back layer of the hare, so that it shows through the cut out design gave a clean, simple and fresh look. I attached the Hare to the card front using 3D foam pads.

Faux Stitching was added around the outside of the card using a Sakura Glaze Pen in blue, a pale lemon felt flower was added on top of the lilac flower cut-out, and there's a couple of adhesive pearls to finish.

Materials Used:  
 



Blue pen - Sakura Glaze Pen
Felt Flower, Gigham Ribbon, adhesive pearls - from my crafty cupboards  drawers
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, cosmic shimmer glue, 3D foam pads
Tools Used: - Cricut Explore using Design Space (although it can be cut on other Cricuts too)

Challenges Entered:


Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon



No comments:

Post a Comment