Tuesday 17 February 2015

Looking forward to Spring with Papermilldirect

Brr where did my promise of Spring go?  okay so the sun keeps teasing us briefly and then dashes away again, leaving it still really cold here at the seaside.  I am still wishing for Spring and working with yellows is certainly helping get me in the mood for Easter.
Before I get onto sharing my DT card, I thought I would let you know about this week's special offer over at +papermilldirect If you like blue then you are going to love 'Sapphire Blue' it's a really beautiful intense inky colour and as it is 105gsm it is going to be perfect for sitting behind the cutouts and fretwork that is so popular right now.  It is also easy to manipulate and so it would be perfect for your origami, paper folding projects, and creating flowers too especially as you can get a 50 sheet pack of A4 for just £5-50!! 

The Challenge over at Allsorts Challenge blog is any occasion other than Birthday, and So looking ahead to Easter I thought it would be nice to make a little card featuring an image from one of my favourite seasonal stamp sets.  I love these cute little chicks carrying their Easter eggs on their backs.  I stamped them with black memento ink and coloured with promarkers.  I quite often stamp onto papermilldirect white linen card as i really love how it gives the stamps a more sketchy feel rather then harsh edges I think it made these little chicks look extra fluffy and cute.
I also used papermills Daffodil Yellow and Buff cards to create my mats and layers for a simple colour scheme.  The sentiment is from a set by Clearly Besotted and I think the lower case and font work quite well with the imageI used 3D foam pads to mount the layered panel and also the stamped panel to the card front, to add some extra interest and dimension.

I have a liking for Ric-Rac ribbon, there I said it out loud!!  there is something really just rather nice about ric-rac, even the name is fun, and the zig-zaggy form always makes me think of stripey Easter eggs and so it was the natural choice to add to my card, I chose blue and white and found a wooden button that would match, carefully threading it with blue paper twine and tying it in a bow. 

Materials Used:  
 

'Spring Day' 30-099 stamp set - Penny Black
'Sweet Little Sentiments' stamp set - Clearly Besotted
Summer Sun, Pastel Yellow, Tequila Sunrise, Artic Blue, Baby Pink, Pastel Green, & Pastel Pink - Promarker pens 
Tuxedo Black - Memento Inkpad
Blue Ric-Rac, White Ric-Rac, Wooden Button, Blue Paper Twine - from my crafty cupboards  drawers
Adhesives - Double Sided Tape, 3D foam pads







Papermill Design Team:
if you have a moment, please do pop over and check out the other papermill teamies blogs and see what they got up to this week: 
Barbara 
Lisa  
Sylvia  
Sandie  
Sharon




4 comments:

  1. A really cute card, looks lovely, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card for our theme this week Angela, a nice reminder that Spring is not too far away, thanks so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, thank you for popping over with a lovely comment for me, much appreciated :) I do wish Spring would hurry though as it's been very cold and rainy here at the seaside today :D

      Delete